June 1, 2010

SD4U June Reveal!

It's the first of the month, so it's reveal day at Scrapbook Deals 4 U kit club!

I had the pleasure of working with the gorgeous "Kioshi" kit this month, and I really mean it when I say that this has been by far my most favorite kit to work with yet! The papers are all so beautiful and the embellishments are perfect. The entire kit was just right for scrapping photos of my sweet little Allison :)

Here's what I created...

First Mother's Day: If you know me personally or have followed my blog, then you know that I have been dreaming for several years of being able to make this layout. Thanks to the recent birth of my amazing daughter, I was finally able to make this :)

By the way, that large scalloped circle wasn't a part of the kit. I made it by cutting out a large circle and then attaching several tiny circles around the edge of it to create the scallops. I've posted a step-by-step photo tutorial for this simple technique on the SD4U message board... check it out!

Imagine the Possibilities
: I really love this photo of Allison. I took it when she was about a month old, when I was snapping tons of photos in search of the perfect one for her birth announcement. To me it looks like she's reaching for the stars, and that reminded me that I want her to know that if she can imagine it, she can accomplish it! (I used a sketch by Julie Bonner)

Lashes: I think my little Allison has the most gorgeous eyelashes! Holy cow, they are really amazing! I'm so jealous! Mine are kind of long on one eye but short on the other, and curl on one eye but stick out straight on the other... I don't know what's up with that but I'm really self-conscious about it and I'm sooooo happy for Allison for having the most perfect lashes on her beautiful little face!

Sweetie: I had the best Mother's Day! In the afternoon, we went outside and sat in the grass, talking and looking at each other while Dan snapped these photos. Allison loves to be talked to... she just smiles and smiles and smiles, and lately she even joins in on the conversation! She's my little sweetie!

I had some scraps leftover that I couldn't bear to toss, so I made this set of simple cards. Hopefully they'll brighten someone's day!

Well as I said, this kit was my favorite one yet! If you ordered this kit, you're in for a real treat. If you haven't ordered it, believe it or not there are still some left in the SD4U online store so head on over and grab one!

Also be sure to check out the Kit Chat section of the SD4U message board to see what the other design team members created with their kits!

Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

Sherri said...

great layout and cards!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always, Kris...got tears in my eyes again!
Mom/Grandma B

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS