April 20, 2011

Scrapbook Daisies Blop Hop, Reveal, and Challenge

Welcome to the next stop on the Scrapbook Daisies April blog hop :)

(If you happened to have arrived here first, please consider starting at the beginning of the hop at the Scrapbook Daisies blog so that you don't miss out on any of the fun.)

I got to work with the gorgeous "Mabel" kit this month.  The papers and embellishments included in the kit are absolutely beautiful.

My first layout, "Friends" is my daughter Allison and her sweet friend, Ashlyn.  They're about 2 months apart in age and it's a lot of fun to get them together.

Tip:  Use your punches to make your own coordinating flowers.

I used this awesome sketch by Liz Qualman:
My next layout, "Books" is Allison at the library.  We've been going to story time there for the past several months and she totally enjoys it.  She loves to read, and her attention span for books is amazing.  We read nearly a dozen board books together every night before bed.

Tip: Keep on using those flower punches!  Add drops of mist to your background for added interest.

Here's the sketch that I used for it from the My Mind's Eye blog:
 

Hopefully you've noticed the fun "scraplift" activity that the design team took part in this month... I was so thrilled to have the opportunity to "lift" my fellow dt member and friend, Jenny.  When I found out that I got to lift her, I immediately knew I wanted to lift my favorite layout of hers, "Merry Holidays".  Here it is, "Merry Holidays", created by Jenny Stockard:


My third layout, "I Love to Play", is my "lift" of Jenny's beautiful layout.  This photo of Allison was also taken at the library.  After story time, the kids get to do a craft.  Well, in our case, Mommy usually does the craft while Allison holds the paint brushes and such :)  She loves to hang out and play there.

Tip: Use a white border around your photo to help it to really stand out against your patterned paper.  (I learned that wonderful tip from one of my favorite inspirational scrappers, Camilla Ekman.)  To balance out the white, I used a white pen to draw faux stitches near the outside edges of the layout.

Next is this "So Sweet" card.

Tip: Create faux pearl accents using pearl fabric paint.

I used the following sketch from the My Mind's Eye blog:


Here's another card using the same sketch:

Tip: Use foam tape or pop dots between your layers to build some fun dimension.

I couldn't bear to leave any of this beautiful Mabel paper unused, so here are the remaining scraps in the form of 18 punched 1-inch circles, some of which are raised with pop dots:

Tip: You can probably find a whole roll of this wonderful jute twine at your local superstore for fairly cheap, and it adds a lot of fun texture to your project.

Did you enjoy seeing the design team's "lifts"?
Ready to get YOUR scrap on?
Want a chance at a prize?

You're invited to create a lifted project of your own!
Here are the deets:

* Choose one of the Scrapbook Daisies design team members that participated in this hop and lift one of her projects.  It can be any of her projects that you find on her blog or in her Scrapbook Daisies gallery.
* Upload your completed lift to the Scrapbook Daisies Facebook page and include a pic or link to the person or project that you lifted (if you do not use Facebook, you can link your lift to the blog hop post on the Scrapbook Daisies blog).
* Deadline is Sunday, April 24th at midnight your time.

Your next stop on the hop is... Jenny!
Happy Hopping!

18 comments:

Nicole Brenna said...

beautiful work!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Awww Kristine everything today is really so BEAUTIFUL and SWEET my friend!!! I love the first one and the card with the circles!!! Maybe I´m going to lift this one if you don´t mind!

Sherri said...

WOW Kris I think you really out did yourself this time! The layouts and cards are gorgeous! Same with Allison! :D She is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Wow...so, so gorgeous...all of your projects! Your work is wonderful!

Michelle said...

These are SO SO pretty Kris!!! I really need to invest in some flower punches!!! Can you believe I don't own a single one??!

Vicki said...

Great layouts. Thanks for all the tips too.


vwilson577 at yahoo.com

mommyof5kidz said...

Just Beautiful!! Allison is getting so big!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Love your layouts Kris!!! And those flowers, WOW!! Hey since I'm stopping by for dinner sometime, you will have to show me how to make those ;) lol
Great lift of Jenny's layout...so cute!! All your layouts are DARLING!
Super cute cards too. You were busy this month!!

Tanya Desmond said...

I love them all! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Cute pages and cards... I especially love the friends page! Great lift too!

Taj White said...

This kind of skill is why MLS had to have you. I just love your work. And those cards are making my heart swoon!!

Unknown said...

Your layouts are fantastic! I had so much fun looking at them. I loved your "dream' layout too!

Celeste B. said...

Gorgeous work with the Mabel kit.

krissie said...

Wow- you were busy with this kit! I love your stitching the papers together- I'll have to steal that idea for later... ;)
Thanks for sharing

xoxo

Lucy Newton said...

Loove your work girl, you really used every scrap of the kit but everything you did is amazing!!!

Brittney said...

I love all of your stuff. It'll be hard to pick just one to lift ;)

Camilla Ekman said...

WOW, your work is stunning!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Brandi said...

I love the color combinations on your layouts. I like your card with all the circles... going to have to try a design like that.

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS