April 28, 2012

LYB Swoon Gift Card Purses

Hello!

While organizing some files on my computer tonight, I came across a project that I don't think I ever posted.


These are gift card holders made entirely from Little Yellow Bicycle's gorgeous Swoon collection along with some miscellaneous ribbon.


I got the idea for these from a gift card purse that my daughter received a couple months ago.  After she opened it, I thought to myself, "I could make these", so I set it aside for inspiration for later.

So when I received some of LYB's Swoon (thank you, Liz!) I knew I wanted to use some of it to make these little purses for some friends' upcoming weddings.


I carefully took apart my daughter's premade gift card purse and drew a template for myself to trace onto the Swoon paper.  I have to admit that the process of creating the template took me quite a long time as this sort of thing doesn't really come natural to me... and, thinking back, I'm sure there are cutting files for electronic die cutting machines that would make creating these a total breeze... that being said, I did it by hand, and once I finally got the template right and figured out where exactly to score/fold the paper at, these came together pretty quickly.


The above shows how the purse looks when the ribbon is untied and the purse is allowed to fall open.  The gift card will go into that opening in the center.  I'm excited to use these for wedding gifts this summer :)

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS