March 11, 2016

Be You - My Creative Scrapbook

It's Friday, it's Friday, the BEST day of the week!  That's just a silly little song that my little girl and I sing on Friday mornings :) Today I have my 4th layout made with the Hello Gorgeous collection by My Mind's Eye that's featured in the My Creative Scrapbook March Main kit.  This one is really simple.

I smooshed some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays from my stash onto the background to complement the pink, green, and blues in the kit supplies.  I really like how these colors look together and with the black and white photo.


I used some of the chipboard stickers and this adorable polkadot fabric brad to embellish the page.  I added some pink tangled thread, inspired by Missy Whidden (actually, just about all of my pages are inspired by her these days!  I want to scrap like her when I grow up!), under the brad to add some fun dimension.


I love the pretty floral alphabet stickers that come in the kit.  I stuck them down on one of the journal cards to create the title.  I felt like they blended into the background too much, so I outlined them with a fine tip black marker to make them stand out more.  Plus, I always like black contrast on my pages.


Sorry about the poorly exposed photo but I wanted to show how I simply staggered a few of the journal cards and then topped those off with a couple of the chipboard stickers at the top corner of the photo.


So that's it from me with the My Creative Scrapbook Main kit this month.  I still have lots of kit supplies left over to make some pretty cards!  Be sure to check out the Design Team gallery for tons of inspiration with the March kits.


Have a fabulous, creative weekend!

1 comment:

Karen Howard said...

I'm a new member of the kit club and just LOVE your layouts! I was wondering what black pen you use for your journaling. The black is very bold and the handwriting really adds a personal touch to your layouts! Karen Howard

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS