June 5, 2012

My Creative Scrapbook June Creative Kit

Hi everyone :)  Hope you've had a chance to see the My Creative Scrapbook June Main Kit layouts that I posted here yesterday.

Today I'm back with my June Creative Kit projects... featuring the On the Sunny Side collection from My Mind's Eye.


Although I really dislike photos of myself, I decided that for Allison's sake there should be at least some photos of me in her scrapbooks.  Dan took this one of us when we were visiting the Denver Zoo in April.  Allison really enjoyed looking at the animals.


There's a pack of beautiful American Crafts flowers included in the kit.  Here's one centered with a MME brad on top of a little pinwheel.  I added two more of the pinwheels around the flower and centered them with more MME decorative brads.  They're so cute!  The white foliage under the yellow flower is some of the kit's raw chipboard that I cut apart and painted.


Here are more of the super cute embellishments in the kit.  There's lots of cute ribbon included, too.


I call Allison "Sweet Pea" fairly often.  Something really cute is that she's starting to say "Hi, Sweet Pea" to others lately.  I adore her profile so I love this photo.


There are so many super cute papers and embellishments in this kit.  Here I've clustered some chipboard shapes, layered stickers, and ribbon beneath some Thickers and decorative brads.  Those little hearts on the butterflies were raw chipboard that I simply inked up using a brown ink pad.


I've used two of the kit's American Crafts flowers here, and on the brown one, I swapped out the pearl brad for one of the MME decorative brads.  The brown swirls and mini heart here were raw chipboard that I inked with a brown ink pad.


Allison LOVES being in the water whether it's a swimming pool, bath tub, or shower.  Here she's in the inflatable pool, repeatedly dumping buckets of water onto her head and then laughing like crazy.


I made a simple flower using a scalloped circle punch with paper and a brad from the kit and clustered it with more of the kit's cute embellishments.


I seem to have a thing for bows huh.


Allison's proudly showing off her new swimming suit before jumping into the pool.


This layout is a bit of a stray from my usual design style but there were so many super cute chipboard pennants, scallops, and birds in the kit that I wanted to include and this is how it all came together.


Something that I often do to spruce up embellishments is to apply some dots of Stickles or a pearl pen in various places.


I couldn't bring myself to get rid of scraps.  Besides, we can always use more cards in our stash, right?


I still have several pieces of the kit left.  It's all so cute and I'm sure I'll be using more of it up soon.


So I've been mentioning a huge contest at My Creative Scrapbook, right?  I'll be back shortly with details!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

These are all so darn cute!! I really love the one of you and Allison.

tracym110 said...

You make some of the most beautiful pages i have seen!! They are just gorgeous! Love the one of you and your daughter and Im sure she will cherish it! :)
Tracy M

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS