July 16, 2013

My Creative Sketches July Sketch Challenge

The new sketch challenge is up and running at My Creative Sketches.

As always, there's a really wonderful prize package up for grabs for the randomly drawn winner.  I hope you'll play along!

Here's my layout:


I used some leftovers from last month's Limited Edition kit from My Creative Scrapbook featuring Crate Paper DIY Shop along with some gorgeous laser cut chippies and doilies from Gina's Designs and a couple Prima flowers from my stash.


I'm always trying to improve my layering and lately I've been heavily inspired by some amazing scrapbookers who have their layering perfected, two of which are my teammates at My Creative Scrapbook: Delaina Burns and Christin Gronnslett. Thank you for the inspiration!


The simple treatment that I used on the Gina's Designs raw chippies was a light layer of randomly dabbed gesso followed by dabs of brown distress ink.


The Gina's intricate cardstock doilies added such lovely detail- I used them as-is.


Here's the July sketch:


and here's the fabulous prize:


I'd love to see one of my readers win this!
The details can be found on the My Creative Sketches blog.

3 comments:

Romy said...

Oh wow, this is most probably my all time favourite lay-out of yours! I love every little bit of it.

Sandie said...

Kris, I love your interpretation of the sketch ... glorious!!!

Ella Swan said...

This layering is phenomenal! My favourite page of yours ever!! Christin and Delaina are huge inspirations to me too!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS