January 3, 2017

It's a Holly Jolly Christmas - Blue Fern Studios

Happy New Year, friends!

I love the new beginnings that come along with a new year.  Today is my debut on the Blue Fern Studios design team, and I am so excited!

My first share is this layout featuring the Vintage Christmas collection.


This is my daughter on Christmas day in 2015.  She looks so joyful in the photo, so I felt that the "It's a Holly Jolly Christmas" chipboard piece was a great match.  I heat embossed it with Antique Gold embossing powder.


I used the same embossing powder on some of the Turkish Bits chipboard pieces, and I tucked them in behind my flower clusters.


I have a tremendous love for flowers, so I love to use them in clusters on my projects.  I used a handful of the Christmas Blooms and Soft Blossoms, which I supplemented with a few additional flowers from my stash.


The flowers all have a subtle touch of gesso dabbed on to soften up the look.  Below you can get a pretty good luck at one of my favorite Blue Fern stamps which I used with black ink on my background.  It's from the Forever set, and it adds awesome detail to the background.


Blue Fern Studios Products used:
paper: Vintage Christmas (Magical, Noel, Deck the Halls)
chipboard: It's a Holly Jolly Christmas, Turkish Bits
embossing powder: Antique Gold
flowers: Christmas Blooms, Soft Blossoms
stamp: Forever

other products used:
flowers: Petaloo
sprays: Lindy's Stamp Gang, Heidi Swapp

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS