January 11, 2017

You're So Lovely - My Creative Scrapbook

Hello, blog friends!

Today I have my final share for My Creative Scrapbook kit club.

It's hard for me to believe, but after 5 years of having the privilege of designing with the beautiful My Creative Scrapbook kits, 4-1/2 years of hosting the My Creative Scrapbook blog, and 2-1/2 years of coordinating the My Creative Scrapbook design team in between, I have made the decision to pass the reins to others and to step aside.

I cherish the times that I had with My Creative Scrapbook, and I will be cheering Pam and her company on from the sidelines.  Thank you, Pam, for everything.

So, here is my last My Creative Scrapbook layout, made with the super gorgeous January Limited Edition kit featuring Kaisercraft's Ooh La La collection.


This is my little cutie on dance recital picture day.

I really loved this floral paper but I felt it was a bit too busy under the photo as-is.  So I smooshed a layer of gesso onto the area of the focal point.  I added some drywall tape for texture and then added some modeling paste through a Prima stencil.  I did just a bit of stamping with a Prima script stamp and then flicked some drops of color with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.


I love to use doilies in my paper layers.  It adds a nice feminine feel and softens up the straight edges of the paper.  I also like to tear the edges of some of the papers.  I tucked in some chipboard pieces, stickers, fussy-cut elements, and a Prima brad on the left side of the page.


The right side cluster consists of one of the beautiful Prima floral vines, an individual Prima flower, some fussy cut flowerr, stickers, and a Prima brad.  It's all dabbed ever so slightly with white gesso for a softening and blending effect.



Here's the beautiful limited edition kit:

Visit MyCreativeScrapbook.com to reserve your kits!

No comments:

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS